Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of physical and digital Chianti Falkirk gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to pounds sterling gift cards purchased online through the Chianti Falkirk UK website (www. chiantifalkirk.co.uk) as well as gift cards purchased at a stand-alone physical Chianti UK branded store.
3. Chianti Falkirk reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our Chianti Falkirk gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Chianti Falkirk gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, and we, therefore, recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. Chianti Falkirk gift cards remain the property of Chianti Falkirk which maintains the right to cancel the card at its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The value of your Chianti Falkirk gift card can be redeemed in any Chianti Falkirk Stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland or online at www.ChiantiFalkirk.co.uk, provided the gift card is redeemed within the redemption period applicable to the jurisdiction where the gift card was originally purchased.
5. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
6. The maximum amount that an individual Chianti Falkirk gift card can hold is £500.00; this limit cannot be exceeded by performing balance transfers. For gift cards purchased online, Chianti Falkirk will provide you with specific denominations to choose from; in-store, you can select any amount to load onto your gift card.
7. You can Top-Up or perform a Balance enquiry at Chianti Falkirk restaurant store by taking your card to the till point. You can also perform Balance enquiries via our websites.
8. Your Chianti Falkirk gift card is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of activation (which for in-store shall be the date of the gift card purchase, and for online, the date of dispatch of your order) following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
9. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted. A Gift Card may be topped up with additional funds provided the gift card is still valid and has not yet expired.
10. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of in-store purchase or online order.
11. Only one gift card may be used per online order. In-store, there is no limit on the number of gift cards that may be used in one transaction. To transfer the balances from multiple gift cards onto a single gift card, please contact our Customer Service team.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
12. You are solely responsible for the safekeeping and security of your gift card following delivery. In cases where your Chianti Falkirk gift card is lost or stolen, Chianti Falkirk is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. Chianti Falkirk cannot be held responsible for any balance lost on a Chianti Falkirk gift card as a result of theft or fraud. All Chianti Falkirk gift cards have a unique PIN number hidden by a security panel on the back of the card which is required for online purchases. Chianti Falkirk cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use where the card number and/ or PIN have become known to another party.
13. Should your Chianti Falkirk gift card become damaged, Chianti Falkirk will be able to replace the card providing you still have the card in your possession and the necessary details can be obtained.
Crediting a Chianti Falkirk gift card
14. Please retain an expired gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that is subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card or in the event that you have discarded or misplaced your original card, issued on a new Chianti Falkirk gift card. For returns where the part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
15. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a Chianti Falkirk gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the Chianti Falkirk gift card in the first instance.
16. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by Chianti Falkirk gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card or cash).
Governing Law and jurisdiction
18. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.